In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) at MEC Coaching & Counselling Service I need to ensure you are clear about what information (electronic & paper) we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with. At MEC Coaching & Counselling Service want to ensure that you are clear about what this means to you and reassure you that your personal information is safe.
What information do we collect from you?
Name, address, date of birth, contact details, relevant medical history & GP details will form registration details and your session notes form an ongoing record of our contact.
Why do we collect this information?
We are required to keep an ongoing record of all contact – this must to be relevant and up to date. Please let us informed of any changes
Who might we share your information with?
No information will be shared with a Third Party without your written informed consent. However where there is a risk of self-harm or harm to others your confidentiality will be at risk.
What do we do with your information?
All information stays within our practice for record purposes & evaluation purposes.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
It is a requirement of our professional insurers that all records are kept for up to 5yrs from the date of the last session. All information electronic & paper copy will be stored securely & will be destroyed of at the end of the period.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
You are entitled to access a copy of all information we hold – Please contact me directly via email.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Lynne-thomas.com to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.