My name is Marcia, I am an accredited Counsellor & Life Coach with over 25yrs of experience in the Health & Wellbeing Sector and with a background in mental health nursing I have a wealth of experience to help you make those changes you want or address those issues you need to. I have successfully combined the two disciplines, coaching & counselling to provide a multilayered practical support to my clients.
- I am able to offer the psychological support & understanding that some of my clients might need to address those deeper rooted issues which may be getting in the way. I also providing a more strategic, goal orientated & the motivational approach to help client with their personal & professional growth & development.
- I am motivated by the fact that so many people know what they want to do or change but they just don’t know how.
- I work with a wide range of clients from a variety of backgrounds using an integrative approach, drawing on a numbers of psychological approaches as well as Coaching working within a short term & long term framework. I work with Individuals & small groups but I am particularly passionate about supporting women 40-50’s who are looking to gain a greater sense of purpose to their lives.
- My clients will be able to take the opportunity to sit down, explore their thoughts & feelings in a safe place without being judged. They will learn to put themselves first for a while and work on identifying and achieving their personal goals.
- For 50 mins clients will gain my complete focus, my understanding & my experience to help them on their journey to feeling, thinking & doing things differently to meet their aspirations & fulfill their transformation.
- As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am obliged to adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework, and as such attend regular monthly supervision; I hold a current and up to date Disclosure and Barring Service check; and I am fully covered by Professional Indemnity insurance.
|QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE|
- Senior BACP Accredited Counsellor & Supervisor
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of BACP Coaching Division
- CBT for Couples – BPS Approved Course (2017)
- Diploma in Mindfulness (2017)
- Primary Certificate in Coaching Supervision (2012)
- Primary Certificate in Performance Coaching (2012)
- Certificate in Coaching (2011)
- BPhil in Professional Studies (Counselling & Psychotherapy Training and Clinical Supervision)(1999)
- Level 2 Certificate in Critical Incident and post Trauma Management (2008)
- Certificate in Personal Performance Coaching (2007)
- Certificate in Understanding and Working with Anxiety using CBT Skills (2007)
- Certificate in Understanding and Working with Depression using CBT Skills (2007)
- Diploma in Counselling (1992)
- Certificate CRUSE Bereavement Counselling(1992)